Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, KDJ Law may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Job Title
If you retain KDJ Law's services, we collect billing and credit information. This information is used to complete the service transaction.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be requires to provide certain information to us when you elect to use certain services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) sending us an email or message; (c) submitting your credit card or other payment information when retaining services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services you have requested from us. We may also gather personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
KDJ Law does not sell. rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
KDJ Law may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analytics, send you email or postal mail, or provide client support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to KDJ Law, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
KDJ Law may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law enforcement or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on KDJ Law or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of KDJ Law; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of KDJ Law, or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
KDJ Law may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within KDJ Law, in order to determine what KDJ Law services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within KDJ Law to users whose behavior indicates they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by KDJ Law. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the KDJ Law website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
KDJ Law secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. KDJ Law uses SSL protocol for this purpose.
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a legal obligation, provide a service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable sole internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
KDJ Law does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian permission to use this website.
From time to time, KDJ Law may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from KDJ Law or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from KDJ Law, you may opt out of such communications bu clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button within the email.
External Data Storage
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
KDJ Law welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statements of Policy. If you believe that KDJ Law has not adhered to this Statement, please contact KDJ Law at:
The Law Offices of Kim D. Johnson PLLC
2836 W Jefferson Ave.
Trenton, MI 48183
Effective as of December 21, 2021